GoNatalieGo

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Tag! I'm it!!!

My adorable real-life and cyber-friend, DaltonGirl, tagged me. I was delighted to learn more about DaltonGirl, and, although I am tentative to post this, because I'm a rookie, and I'm still not sure how this works, HERE GOES!!!

Four Jobs I've Had
1. Donut Salesman at Dunkin' Donuts - I got fired.
2. Legislative Intern for the Governor of Arizona (not the one that was impeached - the one that was indicted on extortion charges but later pardoned by President Clinton).
3. BYU Police/Traffic Office (I sold permits and took money for tickets. My husband was a traffic cop - lovingly referred to as a Bike Nazi).
4. Receptionist/Teller/Head Teller/Customer Service Representative/Loan Officer at Zions Bank. I was movin' on up to the deluxe apartment in the sky, my friend. This was how we paid for my husband to go to law school. I quit the day he passed the bar.

Four Movies I Can Watch Over and Over Again
1. While You Were Sleeping
2. Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth is Mr. Darcy)
3. Emma ("Try not to kill my dogs.")
4. Lord of the Rings Trilogy (should count as 3, but I'm counting it as one big 10 hour Frodopalooza).

Four Places I've Lived
1. San Fernando Valley, CA
2. Prescott, AZ
3. Provo, UT (dorms, Raintree, and attic apartment in the Nostradamus house. Beware the swarm of bees.)
4. Salt Lake City Metropolitan Area (Sugarhouse, Murray, Capitol Hill and now south Davis County)

Four TV Shows I Love
1. Gilmore Girls
2. Friends
3. 24
4. Veronica Mars (I am watching the first season on DVD right now -- I won't watch new episodes until I get caught up. I am really anal, and have to watch them in order.)

Four Highly Regarded and Recommended TV Shows That I've Never Watched a Full Episode of
1. X-files
2. Desperate Housewives
3. Sex and the City/The Sopranos (I refuse to pay more than the $15/month I pay for cable, which I pay gladly to get 2 PBS channels.)
4. The Apprentice

Four Places I've Vacationed
1. Disneyland (Don't get me started -- I'm addicted)
2. Santa Fe, New Mexico. We went to Bandolier National Monument - AMAZING.
3. Boston. The Best Vacation Ever! Just my husband and me, doin' the Freedom Trail and riding the Green Line.
4. Yellowstone -- and I am a woman of steel, tent camping in below freezing weather.

Four of My Favorite Dishes
1. Frito Casserole (chili, tamales, corn, ground beef and onion with fritos on top)
2. Carnitas platter at the Rio Grande -- corn tortillas, not flour
3. Chips with Queso Sauce at Chili's
4. Bacon Cheeseburger combo (no dressing or lettuce) at any burger joint run by restauranteurs of Greek heritage (Yanni's, Burgers Supreme, Apollo Burger, Atlantis Burger). No fry sauce - just ketchup.

Four Sites I Visit Daily
1. Utah Legislature (but only 'til Wednesday, baby!)
2. daltongirl's blog
3. imdb.com
4. Utah Public Policy Daily

Four Places I'd Rather Be Right Now
1. bed
2. San Diego
3. Disneyland (just can't wait 'til June)
4. did I already say bed?

Four Bloggers I'm Tagging
Okay, this is where I admit how lame I am. I only know two bloggers, and one of them, daltongirl, tagged me, so I can only tag one, but I'm reserving the right to tag three more later.
1. Desperate Working Momma

So, that's me. Let me know if you read this, and if you have any more questions. I'm totally into disclosure, baby.

3 Comments:

At 8:17 AM, Blogger daltongirl said...

I want to hear more about Bandolier Nat'l Monument. We missed that one on our Southwest tour last year. But Carlsbad was FABulous!

Also, I'm sorry to see you left out the chili/frito "dish" on your list.

Yay for you! You could tag Lola if you don't have anyone else. She would love it.

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Hey! I was a legislative intern for the ASZ House of Reps (under the Governor of Az: not the one that was impeached - the one that was indicted on extortion charges but later pardoned by President Clinton).

CRAZY!

But you already knew that.

And hey! Remember when we were 16 and we were arrested at BYU for...(wait for it) JAYWALKING?! Okay, FINE, not arrested per se, but detained and ticketed! I am still offended by this outrage. Bike Nazi, indeed.

I have never seen the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice, so I can say I truly enjoyed the new version, short as it may have been. When Matthew Macfadyen as Mr. Darcy walks across that misty field at the end... rawr. Hello, Mr. Darcy. That being said, I absolutely adore Colin Firth and will be renting the BBC version this weekend to do a little compare/contrast experiment. You know, because I am a geek? And because I heard that the Mr. Collins (one of my favorite secondary characters) is hilariously portrayed in the BBC version.

OMG! OMG! You are my HERO! Isn't Veronica Mars FUN?! I love that show. I hand out my first season DVDs to anyone I can convince to watch them, and they all are inevitably hooked. Or converted, if you will. I'm like a Veronica Mars missionary. Huh. Well, that's odd. (And I love the Gilmore Girls.)

BTW, is DaltonGirl, you know, a Dalton? Of the Prescott Daltons?

Wait. I'm tagged? What? I have to do this?! Oh, JOY!

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

I totally thought the BYU Cop was hitting on us - ah, the conceits of youth! Also, while I was in the Governor's Office, I had the biggest crush on Representative Bee - must google him and see if he ever married.

Re: Veronica Mars -- I just finished the first season last week, and I immediately went to cat's archives to see who was at the door! I took a year and a half to catch up on the Gilmore's before I could begin to watch this season. With that said, I sometimes find Rory's bangs distracting. YIKES!

DaltonGirl is my Utah PTA friend. I think she might also be our moral compass, and she's never been to Prescott as far as I know, and has never seen our high school yearbook (which was very well done, by the way, but Hassayamper? What the hell?) so instead of seeing me as gNat, she thinks I may be an articulate adult. She'll soon find out the truth!

So glad cat found the blog - now I have at least TWO readers! Whoo-hoo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home