GoNatalieGo

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Lead me, guide me...

When I was in college, there was this adorable man named Scott. He was totally cute and brainy - just my type (it was not until later that I learned that the definition of my type should also include 'knows that I'm alive,' but I digress). So, at the singles ward/beauty pageant one Sunday, I sat right in front of him, hoping he would notice me (cute plaid mini-skirt, white tights and patent leather shoes. I thought I was hot, when I actually looked like Barbie's little sister Kelly). During the opening song, I Am a Child of God, he is singing, "Lead me, Guide me, Chaka Kahn me, Help me find the way." Needless to say, I spent the next hour and five minutes giggling and planning our wedding. My never ending love for him lasted about a week, but forever I will think of him when I hear a Chaka Kahn song.

2 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Blogger daltongirl said...

Are you Barbie, Skipper, or Kelly? I need you to pick one and stick with it. My finite mind can't handle the switching around so much.

We will discuss this . . . Scott. I am wondering if I might possibly know him. After all, how many funny, cute guys named "Scott" can there BE at BYU?

 
At 7:13 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

I was Kelly all through high school and most of college. Upon marriage, I aspired to Barbie, but sadly think I will never make it past Skipper. As for Scott, I think he was from Colorado and he was really tall. He lived at Raintree for a while and then moved to the condos behind Banbury Park (Is that what it's called? That sounds like a donut shop.) This would have been 1990-1992ish.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home