GoNatalieGo

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Enough is Enough!

In my attempts over the last 7 months of friendship to make DaltonGirl crazy, I have made myself chubby. This past week has been particularly bad. I am feeling barfy, tired and have a constant headache. Most of that is because of my family reunion, but some must be attributed to my unhealthful diet and lack of exercise - all in an attempt to make DG insaner (or is that 'more insane'?). I know the first step to recovery is to acknowledge the problem, but it is so much easier to blame it on DG. It actually has nothing to do with her. Butt, enough is enough. I am now joining a modified Oprah's BootCamp (modified, because HELLO - who wants to work out EIGHT TIMES A WEEK???) Here is my pledge:

1. I will consume 60 ounces of water daily
2. I will exercise aerobically at least 30 minutes a day, 4 days a week
3. I will exercise anaerobically 20 minutes a day twice a week
4. I will not eat after 7:30 PM
5. I will balance carbs with proteins, and avoid simple carbs
6. I will eat to provide nutrition to my body (including 2 servings of dairy a day, 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, and I will meet the daily recommendation of fiber). I will take a multi-vitamin
7. I will count Weight Watcher points, and allow 20 points daily with a weekly flex allowance of 35
8. I will not consume caffeine, because I really thought my heart was going to explode yesterday - and that is not fun

No, this blog isn't going to become all about THIS, but I'll give updates every two weeks. Please feel free to either join my bootcamp, or to make suggestions on healthful living. Just no using of the word Schwartzbein.

5 Comments:

At 6:13 PM, Blogger WhiteRabbit said...

...Butt, enough is enough....

Oh, you just crack me up! :)

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

Ahhh ha ha ha ha! You said crack!

BTW - DaltonGirl may have won the battle, but not the war.

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger daltongirl said...

I love you SO much! And I refuse to be at war with you, so there is no war. Ha!
I just look forward to the day when together we can visit our dear friend Alison in the Assisted Living Center. We will hold her hand and talk softly to her, and recite poetry. I will possibly sing, if asked nicely. Under no condition will we ever say, "Too bad you couldn't lay off those diet Cokes."

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

okay, okay . . . i get the hint!
i am going to try to catch the vision of more healthful living! i need to begin much, much more slowly than natgo, however, so here's my pledge:

1. Three days a week, I will walk at least 50 minutes. (Preferably while listening to Chicago or Enya on my MP3 player.)
2. Two days a week, I will NOT start my day with a can of Diet Coke with Lime. (But after a healthy breakfast, it's free rein!)

at least it's a start . . . :o)

 
At 8:48 AM, Blogger WhiteRabbit said...

Two days a week, I will NOT start my day with a can of Diet Coke with Lime.

That would explain all those 12 packs of plain Diet Coke...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home