GoNatalieGo

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Why I am no longer allowed in the bait shop

I think that is a pretty good title! What follows, however, is more boring trust lands stuff. I have promised a top ten (okay - top six) list of comments from my hate mail. I will not edit them, or even attempt to explain them, just know that I have the trout-loving community up in arms, and they have responded with class and style.

From Chris T.:
According to the Utah PTA then, the only value that we should teach our children is to do things for money and our own interests.

Do you know anything?

I am really surprised that you would write this response with out researching the facts other than just to “Kiss Up” to SITLA and the money that might go to the schools.

From Lonnie:
To think that is the Real concern, shows a lack of understand of the deeper issues here.

From John:
It would appear that you are no longer a true watch dog of SITLA for the children of Utah, and that instead you would prefer to be "one of the boys" with the SITLA board of directors.

I would hope that your PTA leadership could find a representative with a bit more backbone than you seem willing to display.


For the record, I have responded like a lady, politely pointing out that SITLA has a fiduciary responsibility to the trust and that the law requires them to put the fiscal needs of the school children first. I did tell John that no one has ever questioned my backbone before. After reading five paragraphs on the intricacies of the state code and the Utah Supreme Court's opinion on a similar case, he was probably convinced that I do, in fact, have enough backbone to try and bore him to death.

If I get any more fiery ones, I'll let you know.

3 Comments:

At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a place on the Oregon Coast where a pretty little lake is about 2 miles from the beach and a little river connects them. In between is a golf course. Just off the main road is a little place called "the Putt and Bait Shop". I have sort of held the idea of running a place like that as a retirement option. Please don’t throw all those who like to fish into the same boat as those narrow minded individuals who don’t realize that your opinion or your political aspirations or relationships really have nothing to do with the issues of Trust Lands. You didn’t make the rules and whether or not you agree with them you are stuck with them.

You know how much I hate to admit that you would be doing a good job (isn’t this where the J/K goes??) but like Mark Twain said “Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” They can remain astonished (not even knowing what is right!).

As for the pseudo intellectuals who doubt your integrity, (in pseudo Latin) “Quando omni flunkus moritati!”

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

It is nice to know I will always be allowed in YOUR bait shop.

But if your bait shop was on Trust Lands, I would probably...well, let's not go there.

So good to hear from you. Let's take our better halves out together soon.

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Tyler Farrer said...

It seems you have a knack for inciting rage in others. Congrats!

I feel better about the pile of hate-mail that I sort through each week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home