GoNatalieGo

Thursday, March 12, 2009

And I get to be Luke Skywalker!!!

Someone I consider a mentor was kind of threatened in a backhanded way today. And, when she was telling me the story, she said that it was absurd - if she lost her position, she'd actually have a greater ability to work for the interest we share, because she'd be freed from the constraints of having to answer to a boss.


In the middle of the story, I started acting like a twelve year old. I was talking really fast and loud and blurted out, "It's just like when Darth Vader is getting ready to kill Obi Wan, and Obi Wan is all, 'If you strike me down, you'll only make me stronger.' And then he comes back as a ghost and trains Luke and leads him to Yoda and it's so awesome, and..." She got a confused look on her face and continued to tell her story. But I couldn't help but interupt again. "And I get to be Luke Skywalker!"

I think she thinks I am a freak.

I hope she doesn't find someone else to be Luke.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Blogger mamawend said...

I'm kind of concerned about you, perhaps we should go somewhere nice and quiet and have a little chat....Wendy

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Lola said...

If you're Luke, can I be Leah?

YEAH YEAH!

Hahahaha. That's just like when I interupted my friend to tell her that she was reminding me of the two purple otters from Bear in the Big Blue House, and I was Bear. I only said it because she was talking really fast and I couldn't understand her, but she just looked at me like I was a complete freak.

Then I said, "No wait! I want to be the mooooooon!"

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Kaspar said...

lol. I love your enthusiasm. It makes you such a lovable and fun person to be around. ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home