GoNatalieGo

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

The Single Life

My husband is currently on some thing called "High Adventure." There's no marijuana involved, as far as I know, but there are canoes (including our 17' Old Town Discovery - yeah, I'm bragging. Do you have canoe envy, yet?). So, I'm living the single life. La Vida Loca. I have a few observations.

Trail Mix is a food group. Yum.
That healthy eating thing? What? Oh, yeah. Out the window. Because a single mom with 3 kids needs a Coke sometimes. And lots of Trail Mix.
Being single was more fun BEFORE I had 3 kids.
Double Bed - a little too small when husband is home - way too big when he is gone.
My kids love Hot Pockets so much that I may never have to cook again.
Jodi Picoult is riveting. I read until after midnight.
I love the RedBox - I have a copy of She's The Man in my purse for later - Don't judge. I was a teenager once (okay, like in the '80s, but STILL) and at least I am not torturing my husband with it.
My house is cleaner than usual. I did 3 loads of laundry (including my sheets), two bathrooms, the dishes, and I'm going up to finish the kitchen floor before my PTA meeting this morning.
I've got pretty good kids.
So, basically, without my husband, I'm like a speed freak, never sleeping, reading really fast and cleaning things.
Life is better when he's here.

5 Comments:

At 7:02 AM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

I forgot the big one - I MOWED THE LAWN! It had been over a week, and it was looking scary! Junior's teacher is coming over today for a meet and greet, so I decided to mow the lawn and trim the ugly rose bush. I've only mowed once before, and each time I run over something that should not be mowed over (this time? plastic tube that attaches to the rain gutters). But it looks GOOD!

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get! OUT! You lawnmowing fool, you! (I have actually NEVER mowed a lawn. Never. So I am way impressed.)

You are one crazy chica, Nat. La Vida Loca indeed!

But hey, that's why I love ya, so there you go. :)

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

I must say, I believe that one of the reasons marriage should be between a man and a woman is so that everyone is clear on who should mow the lawn.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

Which of Jodi Picoult's books were you reading?

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

"The Tenth Circle" - good but not as good as the other one I read - about the Amish - "Plain Truth", I think. That one was a 9 out of 10 - this one was probably a 7.5 - riveting but a little dissapointing (but I'm a pretty harsh critic).

BTW - how was the audit?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home