GoNatalieGo

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chuck Norris

It's been a long time, but something (okay, not just something, but the egocentric need to find out which writer I emulate) has brought me back to my sad, lonely, decaying blog. And, in random cutting and pasting, I found that I was pretty good at this, and also, that it was fun! So, I am back. Probably no one will read this, but anywhoo, here's the funny story of the day.

Junior and JT were channel surfing today, and stumbled upon Walker, Texas Ranger. Walker just got attacked by tomahawk-wielding Native Americans. The boys are entranced. JT is working out a plan (during the commercials, of course) to use his Walker skills to fight the people who hurt animals (JT's other favorite show is Animal Cops on Animal Planet). And, for the most part, I admire Walker, his butt-kicking skills and his values. Except I wish he wouldn't waste time removing his boots and belt (with awesome buckle) before jumping in the lake to save the lady who was drowning. I guess even Walker has his priorities.

Also, if you're wondering...Ernest Hemingway. At least for the above post.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger ShelleyG said...

I can't believe it! Your blog was at the top of my list. :) I am so glad I still had it on there...I thought certainly you had given up the blog thing. :) I am glad to see it is not the case.

I think I should look into Walker Texas Ranger to fill my head with some positive role models, because after doing the test on your link, I am really concerned about my inner dialougue/outward writing.

First paragraph I pasted (post on kids): Bram Stoker
Second try (swim lesson post):Steven King

Hmm, so ya, I am glad you are blogging and I can get a little Ernest Hemingway in my life. :)

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Since you're in my RSS feed, I always know when you post!

Um, I got Cory Doctorow. Who even is that? Certainly not Hemingway.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Holly said...

I wanted to give you a heads up about something I’m working on … I’ve been so thrilled with all the new friends, great blogs, and wonderful posts I’ve read over the past 8 months (my short but rewarding blogging career), that I wanted to show an expression of my luv and admiration. Plus, I thought you might be feeling the same way—wanting to spread the luv! Check out the idea at my blog: http://alife-sizecatholicblog.blogspot.com/p/pay-it-forward.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home