GoNatalieGo

Friday, March 17, 2006

Jesse was a friend...

I am flipping channels on the ol' TV because my kids have gone outside to play Hide From Little Miss, a classic game for the ages. I stop on General Hospital, which I haven't watched since the '80s (my mom got me addicted when I was in elementary school - which explains my exemplary moral fibre). So I see Little Robin Scorpio, but she is a doctor now. Does your doctor wear a tight sweater with a black bra underneath? Yeah, mine doesn't either, but I'm glad, because if he did, that'd REALLY freak me out. So then I see Bobbie and Dr. Noah Drake on the roof. YES! Dr. Noah Drake = '80s HeartThrob Rick Springfield. I LOVE HIM!!! Man, he has aged well. I love Jesse's Girl and that other song he sang. Also, I loved Jack Waggoner, another GH alumni, but I don't remember any of his songs, just that he sang them to his TV/real life wife Felicia. I so wanted to BE her. She was married to a total hottie, had cute kids, and she was a spy. Talk about your multi-tasker. And John Stamos. BLACKEY! I LOVE HIM, TOO!!! WHOO WHOO. Those were the days, my friend! Okay, so, I am flipping back to It's a Big, Big World. This show freaks me out. I guess I don't appreciate big scary puppets with fake English accents that just spend all their time being NICE to each other -- like life in the wild is anything like that! My kids need to know what the real world is like! Maybe I should let the kids watch GH? Okay, probably not, but I'm tempted.

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being unsure of who is writing in your blog must be an adventure. After all, what is a blog - the only thing I can think of is that it rhymes with bog, fog, smog, hog, log, dog, and even Gog and Magog, for you Old Testament fanatics. (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gog_and_Magog for some help on this one.)

To get to the point, it is true that GoNat would be adorable in anything Ann Taylorish. Further, writing politically agitating editorials is something GoNat could do brilliantly, if it weren’t for the fact she attended an institution of higher learning wherein the world was limited to her campus.

In other words GoNat, the world is your oyster (well, as long as the oyster is within your campus) but were it not for this weird John Stamos obsession. Next thing we know you’ll be into the Olsen twins and Barry Manilow.

Oh wait – you are into Barry . . . .

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

So glad you found me - was wondering if you were going to post.

Usually the most entertaining political editorials are written by people with a limited perspective, so don't slam on my fine education (and anything that takes 13 years has to be worth something).

I am sad because my civic duty of attending my caucus made me miss Manilow night on American Idol. Ahhh, the things we agitators sacrifice!

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Cat said...

Wait. Rick Springfield sang ANOTHER song?

Huh.

And forget GH! I let my kids watch the first season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I feel has greatly enriched their "moral fibre," vocabulary, AND snarking skills. Plus, hello? Buffy = Role Model? (And I let my oldest watch Season 2 because aaaaaaaaaw! Best. Season. EVER.)

Not the later seasons though, because when it turned into Buffy the Vampire Layer, well, that's where I had to draw the line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home