GoNatalieGo

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

What a week!

It is a late night, and I feel so fortunate. This is my favorite time of year - I love fall. Football. Apples. Those little candy pumpkins. Getting to wear sweaters. Back to school.

When Tom Hanks talks about the smell of new pencils in 'You've Got Mail,' I can totally relate.

Allow me to share some of my joys:

We got a note from Junior's 5th grade teacher - she loves him, and he is doing exceptionally well, both academically and behaviorally. Considering the struggles we had last year, we are thrilled. My husband wants to copy the note, take it to the principal, and show her what a teacher that respects her students is capable of. I'm pretty sure she already knows.

Trey is reading at grade level, which is a miracle. He didn't talk forever, and then he was completely unintelligible. Now, most people can understand everything he says. He used to hate to read, until he found 'The Magic Treehouse.' We read a chapter a night, alternating pages. It's fun to snuggle with him and see his face light up when things get really interesting. And, man, does that kid love math! It is so fun to watch him do his homework. He and I have had some extra time together this week - he is so much fun, and has such a big heart.

Little Miss is a beautiful bundle of joy and energy - she is like a barrel of monkeys. Someone more apt to swear would call her hell on wheels. What do you expect from my daughter. I am madly in love with her beauty and brilliance. She regularly blows me away. She was a cyclone in gymnastics yesterday. I love being home with her. We are having so much fun together.

I am actually enjoying the cub scouts - which is good, because Trey turns 8 next week, and I'm pretty sure I'll get to be his den mother the whole time, just like I was for Junior. I should have had my kids closer together!

My husband and I are planning a trip to Cape Cod to enjoy the fall there. I've been to Boston (loved it!), but never the cape, and I can't wait.

There was a beautiful sunset tonight. We got to watch it as the soccer game was winding down.

Overall, life is great.
I am thankful for a wonderful family and good friends (real, cyber, and both).
I am grateful for a passion that I get to advocate for. Sometimes I am less than articulate, but I am learning new things and making a difference. And I am volunteering with some of the most amazing people I know.
I'm grateful that I started this blog. I was reading some of my previous posts recently, and your responses. It is fun to remember, and I am having so much fun!

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

Life is good! :o)

 
At 2:34 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

Thank you!

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you been taking percoset again? Or is this an alien in Ann Taylor clothing?

Alas 'tis true - your kids are adorable and delightsome, and while life isn't always fair, it is generally good.

Thanks for helping me wiht perspective.

 
At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, life IS good, Nat, isn't it? I can honestly say that fall is my favorite season, for several of the reasons you cited. It's the air. Something about the air...

(BTW, please tell me you remember Mrs. Patterman at Miller Valley! I wrote about her today, and I'm starting to think perhaps I just made her up...)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home