GoNatalieGo

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Vacation


I recently returned from a 13 day trip to Southern California. Nothing too exciting happened. We went to Disneyland and California Adventure. Little Miss met every single princess on both the A-list (Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora, Ariel) and B-list (Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan) except the elusive and mysterious Belle. I got a scary disease that included sore throat, fever, body aches, swollen glands and, for a delightful 18 hours (thankfully after Disney), intense eye drainage accompanied by facial swelling. I was like the freaking elephant man. Nice. I'd like to thank the lovely nurses at the Disneyland First Aid center, conveniently located on Main Street, who gave me two Advil, 4 cough drops, and let me nap on their cot. Even with my mysterious illness, I had a fabulous time in the happiest place on earth.

We spent a week at a beachhouse in Carlsbad (California, not New Mexico, as there are no beaches in New Mexico. BTW, here's a shoutout to my sister who told me not to miss Carlsbad Caverns.) We hung out on the beach, where my entire family got toasty sunburns - we're like Quiznos! Junior is convinced that he's already got cancer. We told him to wait 25 years before he worries. We went to Sea World and I got to feed dolphins and see the cheesy new Shamu show. We went to see Cars on opening day, but I missed the ending because I had to go to the bathroom (probably because of the ginormous amounts of antibiotics coursing through my system, but I'm not sure). We paid to pick our own strawberries and went to In and Out Burger. I got to meet my new niece, who is beautiful and delightful. All in all, it was a wonderful trip.

I am happy to be back, living my life and sleeping in my own bed. Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home.

4 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Blogger daltongirl said...

I'm SO glad you're back. I've missed you so!! Glad you had a great time. I had that same mysterious illness on my trip, without the elephantitis. Weird.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger stupidramblings said...

Sounds like a good time. I never thought of Pocahontas and Mulan as B-listers, but they are no Snow White, I guarantee...

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

Glad to hear you're back! I love the photos, and I'm so envious! Maybe my son is going to be able to talk me into a trip to SoCal this year after all . . .

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger alisonwonderland said...

Especially if he emphasizes the proximity of In-and-Out Burger!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home