GoNatalieGo

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

My Foray into Serious Blogging

My friend Tyler has a blog. He is an ultra-mega-super-conservative guy in my neighborhood, and he blogs on local politics. Even though we don't usually agree (I am a metric ton more moderate), I think he and his wife are two of the nicest, smartest people I know. This has been difficult for me because I have had a hard time vilifying them for their beliefs. I'm usually pretty good at that. (This is the point where people type "J/K" or make asinine little sideways smiley-faces. That's not my style - I'm not serious - if you can't tell, then...well...so what).

I found out about Tyler's blog in a funny way. Last fall, I was helping our mayor in his re-election campaign. He needed a lot of help, because he works in the LDS Church's Temporal Affairs Department, and he was spending a lot of time out of state dealing with the effects of Hurricane Katrina. I am friends with the man who was opposing the mayor - he and I served together on our city's trails committee. One day the mayor's opponent, whom I'll call Juan, because that is his name, called me on the phone - he was livid! Someone was blogging about HIM and his webpage, which commented on the mayor's lack of a webpage, and some felt did not accurately portray the truth. So I googled him and found my friend Tyler was the offending blogger. Strange coincidence. Since then, I have been an active participant on the blog. But not as NatGo, because I am a little silly over here, and I want all the Davis County politicos to think I'm serious and dependable.

So, Tyler's wife, Erin, had a baby today, and he's asked me and my friend to be guest-hosts of his blog while he bonds with the new one. But it turns out that all my serious Natalieness is undone, because my guest-hostedness is as NatGo. So instead of being Katie Couric, taking over for Bob Schaeffer (is that his name? I can't believe I don't know his name, because he was so much better than the suckfest that was Dan Rather), I am Jack Hanna to Tyler's Letterman.

Whatever. Any minute now, monkeys are going to pull off my really bad toupe. It's not easy being Jack Hanna.

So, check us out if you want.

4 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Th. said...

.

So will that lead to more action here as well?

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Natalie Gordon said...

Yes. I am hoping for more action. Because I'm all about the action! Although I may need to get my tonsils out, and then I'll be down for a month!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Alice said...

There's a good excuse for some ice cream.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Tyler Farrer said...

I've got to say, that was a very exciting story (even though I knew most of it-being an integral to it).

I take you seriously, even though I colored my blog pink in honor of your presence. I have to admit I've always identified more with David Letterman than Bob Bchieffer anyway.

Isn't it funny that a blogger can ruffle so many feathers. Oh, and it's best, if you're a blogger, not to be a bird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home